The 2017 men’s Winter League will be SINGLES Stableford competition starting on the weekend of 21st/22nd October until 10/11 March (21 weeks). Depending on weather conditions, the competition will be as follows:
- Entrance Fee: €20. To enter the winter League, please put your name down in the Pro-Shop and pay your €20 entrance fee in advance of the first weekend (Saturday 21st/Sunday 22nd October).
- Best 12 scores out of 21 weeks of competition. If we lose some weekends due to adverse weather, best 11 scores from 20, etc will apply.
- Depending on numbers who enter and handicaps, we would hope to have 3 divisions (1–12, 13-17 and 18+) and prizes will be allocated accordingly in each division.
- Potential prizes will be awarded for top 5 in each division and depending on entries, we may decide overall winner via match play.
- The competition will start off with 18 holes and will change to 14 or 12 holes as the days get shorter.
- The scoring format will be based on a points system where all players who play on a given weekend, will get points depending on where they are placed in their own division. If players are tied on the same Stableford score, they will each be allocated the same score. For example, if 3 players have 25 points, they will each get 20 points, if the next best score is 24, they will receive 19 points, 23 points will get 18, etc.
- The Winter League table will be updated each week on notice boards in the men’s dressing room and on the website.
As per previous years, the rules are:
- All players MUST fill out a separate Winter league scorecard (Even if the shop competition is also singles), sign and place it in the blue box above the computer marked ‘Winter League Scorecards’. If your card is not in the box, you will not be counted in that week’s competition.
- You must mark ‘Winter League’ on your card clearly.
- You must nominate which day (Saturday or Sunday) that your score will count for the Winter League and register this in the pro shop before you start your round.
- You must put a date on your card.
- You must mark your handicap clearly on the card like this: 6(5) i.e. Full handicap followed with 14/12 hole equivalent in brackets (12/14 hole handicap is available in the pro shop).
- Cards must be signed by player and marker.
- As usual, you must enter the normal club competition on the day as well.