The 2018 Men’s Winter League will be SINGLES stableford competition starting on the weekend of 3rd/4th of NOV until DEC 8th/9th (6 weeks). Depending on weather conditions, the competition will be as follows:
|Week 1||NOV 3rd/4th|
|Week 2||NOV 10th/11th|
|Week 3||NOV 17th/18th|
|Week 4||NOV 24th/25th|
|Week 5||DEC 1st/2nd|
|Week 6||DEC 8th/9th|
- Entrance Fee: €10. To enter the winter League, please put your name down in the Pro-Shop and pay your €10 entrance fee in advance of or on the first weekend (NOV 3rd/4th).
- Best 3 scores out of 6 weeks of competition. If we lose some weekends due to adverse weather this may be adjusted.
- Depending on numbers who enter and handicaps, we would hope to have 3 divisions (1–12, 13-17 and 18+) and prizes will be allocated accordingly in each division.
- Prizes will be awarded for each division and depending on entries, we may decide overall winner via match play.
- The competition will start off with 18 holes and will change to 14 or 12 holes as the days get shorter.
- The scoring format will be based on a points system where all players who play on a given weekend, will get points depending on where they are placed in their own division. If players are tied on the same stableford score, they will each be allocated the same score. For example, if 3 players have 25 points, they will each get 20 points, if the next best score is 24, they will receive 19 points, 23 points will get 18, etc.
- The Winter League table will be updated each week on notice boards in the men’s dressing room and on the website.