Leader board now updated following week 7 of play.
You need to be LOGGED IN before you can view these items.
The latest Noticeboard articles are listed below. Click on the subject title to read full notice.
BEAVERSTOWN GOLF CLUB
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2017
The Annual General Meeting of Beaverstown Golf Club will be held in the Club House on Saturday 2 December 2017 at 4.00 pm.
The purpose of the meeting, as set out in Section 12 of the Rules and Constitution, is to:-
- Receive from the Committee an Annual Report and a Statement of Financial Accounts with an Auditor’s Report thereon,
- Adopt or revise a multi-year Strategic Plan,
- Adopt an Annual Work Plan and budget for the coming year,
- Set the rates of subscription,
- Elect Committee members and Trustees and appoint the Auditor of the Club,
- Amend the Rules and Constitutions of the Club,
- Decide on motions proposed in accordance with the provisions of the Rules,
- Transact any other business that the Club may decide.
- ELECTION of TELLERS
- MINUTES of AGM 2016
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MNUTES
- REPORT of the CHAIRMAN
- REPORT of the SECRETARY
- REPORT of the FINANCIAL OFFICER
- FINANCIAL REPORT AND AUDITOR’S REPORT THEREON
- STRATEGIC PLAN, ANNUAL WORKPLAN and BUDGET for 2018
- APPOINTMENT OF AUDITORS
- ELECTION of COMMITTEE MEMBERS ANDTRUSTEES
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Ordinary and Life members only are entitled to attend the meeting, to propose motions and to make nominations for election of Trustees and members of the Management Committee. (Note: Senior members retain all the rights of their former category of membership. Therefore Senior members who were former Ordinary members are entitled to attend and vote and make nominations.)
Any two Ordinary or Life members may propose a motion and nominate an Ordinary or Life member to stand for election as a Trustee or a member of the Management Committee. In 2017 there will be an election for one Trustee, the Development Officer and the Chairman. Nominations must be accompanied by a letter from the nominee consenting to serve if elected.
Motions and nomination must be addressed to the undersigned and must be received by Saturday 18 November 2017 and will be published on the Club notice board and issued by email to relevant members.
Amendments to motions must be received by Saturday 25 November 2017.
Jim Flanagan, Secretary
Details of the NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2017 can be viewed on the Member / Noticeboard section or Click Here
BEAVERSTOWN GOLF CLUB ARE DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THAT ZACH ARGUE, AGED 11, HAS BEEN SELECTED BY THE GOLFING UNION OF IRELAND TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GUI HIGH PERFORMANCE COACHING PROGRAMME.
ONLY 8 BOYS FROM LEINSTER CLUBS HAVE BEEN SELECTED IN THE UNDER 13s ELITE PROGRAMME.
WE CONGRATULATE ZACH AND HIS PARENTS KIERAN AND SHARON AND ALL HIS FAMILY ON THIS GREAT ACHIEVEMENT.
The 2017 men’s Winter League will be SINGLES Stableford competition starting on the weekend of 21st/22nd October until 10/11 March (21 weeks). Depending on weather conditions, the competition will be as follows:
- Entrance Fee: €20. To enter the winter League, please put your name down in the Pro-Shop and pay your €20 entrance fee in advance of the first weekend (Saturday 21st/Sunday 22nd October).
- Best 12 scores out of 21 weeks of competition. If we lose some weekends due to adverse weather, best 11 scores from 20, etc will apply.
- Depending on numbers who enter and handicaps, we would hope to have 3 divisions (1–12, 13-17 and 18+) and prizes will be allocated accordingly in each division.
- Potential prizes will be awarded for top 5 in each division and depending on entries, we may decide overall winner via match play.
- The competition will start off with 18 holes and will change to 14 or 12 holes as the days get shorter.
- The scoring format will be based on a points system where all players who play on a given weekend, will get points depending on where they are placed in their own division. If players are tied on the same Stableford score, they will each be allocated the same score. For example, if 3 players have 25 points, they will each get 20 points, if the next best score is 24, they will receive 19 points, 23 points will get 18, etc.
- The Winter League table will be updated each week on notice boards in the men’s dressing room and on the website.
As per previous years, the rules are:
- All players MUST fill out a separate Winter league scorecard (Even if the shop competition is also singles), sign and place it in the blue box above the computer marked ‘Winter League Scorecards’. If your card is not in the box, you will not be counted in that week’s competition.
- You must mark ‘Winter League’ on your card clearly.
- You must nominate which day (Saturday or Sunday) that your score will count for the Winter League and register this in the pro shop before you start your round.
- You must put a date on your card.
- You must mark your handicap clearly on the card like this: 6(5) i.e. Full handicap followed with 14/12 hole equivalent in brackets (12/14 hole handicap is available in the pro shop).
- Cards must be signed by player and marker.
- As usual, you must enter the normal club competition on the day as well.
I recently had the pleasure of playing 18 at Beaverstown golf club on the north side of Dublin. Just like in the past, the course presentation was exactly what I expected. The greens were fast and true and the welcome and hospitality from the members and staff, I always find second to none. The unique design of all eighteen holes in the orchard setting is testing and difficult but fair. I eagerly look forward to my return to Beaverstown and I would recommend it to all golfers who are looking for a good day out.
PGA European Tour Member
Great new offer – play Beaverstown, Balcarrick and Donabate including a steak dinner in each for only €95. Contact the ProShop for details.