NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2019
The Annual General Meeting of Beaverstown Golf Club will be held in the Club House on Saturday 7 December 2019 at 4.00 pm.
The purpose of the meeting, as set out in Section 12 of the Rules and Constitution, is to:-
• Receive from the Committee an Annual Report and a Statement of Financial Accounts with an Auditor’s Report thereon,
• Adopt or revise a multi-year Strategic Plan,
• Adopt an Annual Work Plan and budget for the coming year,
• Set the rates of subscription,
• Elect Committee members and Trustees and appoint the Auditor of the Club,
• Amend the Rules and Constitutions of the Club,
• Decide on motions proposed in accordance with the provisions of the Rules,
• Transact any other business that the Club may decide.
1. ELECTION of TELLERS
2. MINUTES of AGM2018 and MINUTES of the SGM held on 20 May 2019
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
4. REPORT of the CHAIRMAN
5. REPORT of the SECRETARY
6. REPORT of the FINANCIAL OFFICER
7. FINANCIAL REPORT AND AUDITOR’S REPORT THEREON
7. STRATEGIC PLAN, ANNUAL WORKPLAN and BUDGET for 2020
8. APPOINTMENT OF AUDITORS
10. ELECTION of COMMITTEE MEMBERS, PRESIDENT AND TRUSTEES
11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Section 11.b. of the Constitution was amended at AGM2017 and now says:
“All members over 17 years of age (excluding Pavilion members and Honorary members) shall be entitled to attend and vote at General Meetings. Members on Leave of Absence from categories of membership that are entitled to attend and vote at General Meetings, may attend and vote at General Meetings.”
Any member entitled to attend may propose a motion. Any two members entitled to attend may nominate an Ordinary or Life member for election as a Trustee. Any two Ordinary or Life members may nominate an Ordinary or Life member for election onto the Management Committee. Any two members entitled to attend shall be eligible to nominate another member entitled to attend for election as President.
In 2019 there will be an election for:
Nominations must be accompanied by a letter from the nominee consenting to serve if elected.
Motions and nominations must be addressed to the undersigned and must be received by Saturday 23 November 2019 and will be published on the Club notice board and issued by email to relevant members.
Amendments to motions must be received by Saturday 30 November 2019.
Jim Flanagan, Secretary